Now you need not skip arm exercises just because of the fear of getting your arms too bulky.
Fortunately, there is no shortage of effective moves that work great to help you in achieving your arm goals.
Arms workout is the best way to gain slimmed, toned and strong arms by using your own body weight or by adding dumbbells, kettlebells, etc.
Prepare to feel the burn by lifting, curling, pressing, pushing and various other challenging moves to add definition to your biceps, triceps, and shoulders, thus, various ways to get back the toned arms.
Here, we have some of the best arm exercises for women that can help a lot in getting rid of flabby arms, to which every woman always wants to say goodbye.
Table of Contents
- Lateral Raise
- Triceps Push-up
- Overhead Extension
- Dumbbell Row
- Two Arm Kettle Swing
- One-Arm Push Press
- Fly Back
- Ball Push-ups
- Triceps Dips
- Dumbbell Floor Press
Best Arm Exercises for Women
- Hold dumbbells in both hands.
- Stand straight with your knees slightly bent.
- Raise your arms in 90 degrees to your body and keep your palms facing in.
- Now, slightly bend your elbows while raising your arms to the sides and take the dumbbells in the level to your shoulders.
- The palms should be faced towards the floor.
- Lower your arms and repeat this process for 8-12 times.
- Sleep straight with your belly on the ground and your feet should be 15-20 cm apart.
- Keep your palms on the ground with slightly broader than your shoulder.
- Put your feet onto your toes and start lifting your body from the ground using your arms; make sure your arms should be fully extended.
- Now, take your chest towards the ground slowly.
- Stop immediately by reaching a point at a distance of 10-15 cm from the ground and keep your body straight.
- When you reach this position, it is counted as one push-up.
- Try to repeat this process 8-12 times.
- If you find this exercise too hard, you can choose to keep your knees on the ground while performing this one of the best arm exercises for women.
- This exercise starts with the same process of push-ups which you have learned in the previous point.
- It involves getting into a push-up position, but here keep your knees on the ground and your feet should be in the air.
- Place your hands under your chest and must have less apart as compared to regular push-ups.
- Now, bend your arms while getting your chest towards the ground.
- Make sure to keep your upper arms somewhat closer to the sides and your back should be straight.
- Now, get back your arms straight to the initial position.
- Repeat the whole process 8-12 times.
- Stand straight and hold dumbbells in both hands.
- Place your feet wider than your hips while bending your knees slightly.
- Take your arms above the head and hold the dumbbell vertically with your wrists straight.
- Now, take your hands holding dumbbells behind your head while bending your elbows.
- The upper arms should be closer to the head and your elbows should be pointed towards the ceiling.
- Now, make your arms straight to the upward direction.
- Repeat this one of the best arm exercises for women 8-12 times.
- Take a dumbbell in your one hand and keep your other hand and knee on the bench.
- The back should be straight, the elbows should be slightly bent and your palm on the bench should be faced inward.
- Stretch your stomach muscles and start lifting the weight in the upward direction.
- Stops at a point where your arm reaches the parallel to the ground and your elbow is at your behind.
- Get back to the starting position.
- Do this exercise for 8-12 repetitions.
- Once they are done, repeat the same process to the other side.
Two Arm Kettle Swing
- Stand straight and start keeping your feet slightly wider than the shoulders.
- Place your arms in the relaxing position in front of you and hold the kettlebell with your hands.
- Now, bend your legs and take the kettlebell down towards the area between your legs.
- After this, immediately straighten your legs with a slight jump while relaxing your arms in front of you at your eye level.
- At this point, you should not feel kettlebell as a weighted object; you should experience a weightless after this movement.
- Repeat this process for either 1-minute or you can do 8-12 repetitions of one of the best arm exercises for women.
One-Arm Push Press
- Simply stand straight and place your feet wider apart than your hips.
- Hold a kettlebell in your one hand while keeping your fist closer to the chest.
- Bend and pushed your elbow towards your body.
- Keep kettlebell on your forearm for the rest while performing this movement.
- Do not forget your lower body, keep it into a full squat and abs should be tight.
- Now, straighten your arm by pushing the kettlebell in the air and make sure to keep your palm facing forward.
- Do this exercise for 30 seconds or you can choose to repeat this process 6-8 times.
- After this, switch to your other hand with the same process.
- Lie straight on the bench with your face up towards the ceiling.
- Hold dumbbells in your hands and start moving them up towards the ceiling by placing your hands holding dumbbells straight over your chest.
- Now, bend your legs in a way that your feet are placed on the ground and your knees facing up.
- Tighten your abs and have a slightly firmed grip on the dumbbells.
- Slowly take your arms towards your head while bending your elbows a little and keeping your upper arms near the ears.
- When your arms reach the point where they are about to be paralleled to the ground, simply return to the initial position.
- Repeat this exercise for 8-12 times.
- If looking for the best arm exercises for women, you must do fly back exercise that works effectively on the back and middle of shoulders as well as your upper and middle back areas.
- In this exercise, you have to take a medium dumbbells in your hands.
- Step your one foot forward, something about 2-feet from other foot.
- Now, bend your front leg and keep your back straight while putting your body weight slightly forward.
- After this, start rolling your shoulders in the way from the back to downwards.
- Place your arms straight downwards the ground and now raise your arms in the air to the sides slowly with your palms down.
- Your hands should be straight to your shoulders.
- Now, lower your arms and get back to the initial position.
- Repeat the whole process for 8-12 times.
- Another exercise in the list of best arm exercises for women, Ball push-ups is almost similar to triceps push-ups; the only difference is the use of medicine ball in it.
- Get a medicine ball and keep your hands on it while facing your fingers to the out.
- Make sure that your hands should be closer to one another and your both arms must be fully extended.
- Now, keep your legs straight and stretch them by supporting your lower body with your toes touching the ground.
- Move towards the ball slowly so that your chest touches the ball.
- Try to bend your arms as much as possible for you and keep the shoulders in a straight line with your elbows while lowering the chest towards the ground.
- To get back to the starting position, you have to use your strength.
- Do this 8-10 times.
- This exercise requires a solid box to perform the movements.
- Sit straight on the ground by placing your legs in front of you and your back should be against a box.
- Now, keep your palms on the box which is placed behind you and keep your fingers facing forward.
- You have to lift your legs as well as hips from the ground, for which you have to straighten your arms.
- Bend your elbows towards your back without touching your hips to the ground.
- Make sure to keep your heels on the ground and your elbows should be behind your back through the exercise.
- Do this exercise for about 8-12 repetitions.
Dumbbell Floor Press
- Simply lie straight with your back on the ground.
- Bend your knees by placing your feet flat on the ground and your knees towards the ceiling.
- Take a dumbbell in your hands and raise your arms up over the chest while palms should be faced towards each other.
- Now, bend and lower your arms until your upper arms touch the ground and the other half should be straight.
- Slowly get back to the starting position.
- Do around 8-12 repetitions per session to take benefits of this one of the best arm exercises for women.
Are you worried about wearing sleeveless dresses? Are you afraid of getting bulky arms as a result of exercising?
These best arm exercises for women ensure to help you in gaining toned and beautiful arms.